MEDICUM ONE – Medical Advisory Services Team
Our Medical Advisory Services Team of experienced professionals, provide a ‘One Stop Shop’ of services and products to make your personal and practice’s life easier by saving you precious time and money.
We provide a dedicated Relationship Manager, who together with our Medical Advisory Services Team, provide tailored advice to grow and protect your wealth throughout your personal life and career.
Providing Holistic Advisory & Financial Services to you, your practice and your family
Our open architecture approach provides us with independence and access to a large number of best of class Investment Products, Financiers and Insurance providers, ensuring that we are best positioned to tailor to your needs.
We even provide an evaluation and assessment service aimed at uncovering opportunities to save you money against your existing personal life insurances, financial expenses, SMSF structures and business services.
Our LifeCycle Approach
We understand that your personal and business life journey is unique. Our team will work with you through your life’s various milestones, to tailor the necessary support and advice to grow your practice and your personal wealth.
Our Services and Advice
Tax and Accounting Services
Our Business solutions team helps you manage your priorities. We develop tailored and future-focused compliance and growth solutions for medical specialists and their families.
Our areas of expertise include:
Our team helps you efficiently manage your compliance obligations by delivering timely, personal and practical information to you and your practice as and when required. Whether you are looking for assistance in the preparation of income tax returns, fringe benefits tax, indirect taxes or payroll obligations, our team has the experience to provide you with the most practical solution to stay on top of your compliance obligations.
Our team will provide both you and your practice with the tools necessary to navigate the constantly changing business landscape. Whether you are establishing your practice or seeking advice on more efficient structures, our team has the experience to assist. We are committed to working alongside you to ensure you are well equipped to handle any issue.
We understand the importance of both personal and practice cash flow management. Our dedicated team will work with you to assist you in setting, understanding and adhering to realistic budgets. We will also meet with you on an as needs basis to discuss your practice’s performance any key management issues.
Buying and Selling Practices
Buying or selling a practice can be a complex process. Our team is committed to providing you with best in class advice to assist you in making this step. From valuing either your own or a potential practice, to any required due diligence and potential financing, our team has the required expertise to ensure you make an informed decision.
One of the best ways to measure your practice is against others in your industry. Our team will be able to provide you with key industry benchmarks and growth targets to give you an indication of both your practice’s current performance and where it needs to go to compete with the best in your industry. Once these targets are set, we will work with you to help you achieve these goals.
Banking and Lending Service
We can provide a full breadth of banking solutions for you, your family and your business, reviewed annually to ensure the offering meets your needs and is priced efficiently.
Our banking partners are specialists in understanding and addressing the needs of medical practitioners. Together we will meet with you to understand your current and future objectives and identify a strategic and structural solution specifically for you.
We are accredited with over 35 financiers including access to a panel of lenders that specialise in finance solutions for medical practitioners. This open architecture approach ensures our independence and provides you with access to best of breed financiers that best meet your needs.
- Personal Banking and Lending including:
- Residential and investment property lending with 90% Lending (subject to financier approval).
- Savings, transactional (offset) accounts and credit cards.
- Business Banking Services and Lending including:
- Commercial finance.
- Medical practice acquisition finance.
- Overdraft facilities.
- Motor vehicle leasing.
- Medical equipment and fit-out finance.
- HiCaps or equivalent.
- A Relationship Banker to help you throughout the process.
Whatever the complexity of your personal circumstances, our panel of advisors can evaluate you and your family’s needs to advise on the strategy and structures required to meet your goals at every stage of your financial life.
Our open architecture approach provides us with independence and access to investment products from a large number of suppliers. Our advisors will provide:
- Comprehensive needs analysis and values based discussions.
- Advice on tax effective ownership structures personally and via superannuation.
- The highest level of Investment advice and opportunities including:
- Direct equities, managed funds and more.
- Direct bonds and debt market opportunities.
- Cash facilities with favourable interest rates.
- Access to quality wrap platform for easy reporting purposes.
- Regular reviews.
- Access to best of breed economics and investment markets research.
- Clear concise investment progress reporting.
- Handling of all reports and correspondence.
In addition, our Property Advice panel will take the time and pain out of the search and acquisition process for that Investment Property. This includes:
- Setting up your property acquisition strategy.
- Providing you with access to quality research for specialist areas and property types.
- Searching on and off market properties to fit your requirements.
- Pre purchase activities including co-ordinating inspections and valuations before you make an offer, as well as helping with the purchase negotiations.
Superannuation and Retirement Planning
With the rapid growth of SMSFs, and constantly changing regulation, it’s important to have access to expert guidance and professional advice.
Our dedicated team of superannuation and SMSF specialists works in partnership with your other financial advisors to help you achieve your future lifestyle goals by maximising your superannuation savings and tax-free income at retirement.
Our specialist advisors will:
- Help establish your superannuation / SMSF structure.
- Ongoing administration and compliance including:
- Tax, minutes, pension payments.
- Trust deeds administration.
- Advice on contributions / pensions / caps.
- Managing transactional data from banks / platforms.
- Reviewing your structure including the migration of personally held assets into superannuation.
- Succession planning for your medical practice including tax considerations.
- Retirement cash flows and planning.
- Review of your estate plan including intergenerational wealth planning.
- Discussion about charitable giving options.
Insurances – Personal and Business Risks
We know that you have worked incredibly hard to build your wealth and your earning capability.
Personal and practice risk insurance is an important way of ensuring that you and your family will be financially supported in the event of serious illness, disability or death. It ensures that on the occurrence of a serious illness, disability or death, certain fixed business expenses, staff expenses or lump sum payments are made to your family, the business or its partners.
Our risk advisors are specialists in providing you with the highest level of advice on protecting your income and assets. Because our partners have access to all major insurance underwriters, we are able to source the product and service that best meets your requirements, a must in the risk business.
In addition, to ensure your cover continues to meet your changing needs, we will review your cover annually and if necessary recommend changes. Insurances provided include:
- Professional indemnity / Malpractice insurances.
- Income protection.
- Life and total permanent disability protection.
- Keyman insurances.
General insurance is also available to protect your business and personal assets. This will include:
- Medical equipment and practices.
- Workers compensation.
- Home and contents.
- Investment properties.
- Motor vehicles.