At Hill Rogers we believe that leadership comes from within.
The breadth of our clients and suite of services on offer will provide you with professional diversity and stimulation – but life at Hill Rogers is about far more than technical skills and expertise. At Hill Rogers we are inspired by writer, public speaker and leadership consultant Chris Lowney’s book Heroic Leadership. We are determined – determined to use each employee’s inherent leadership capabilities to connect with our clients and make a meaningful impact on their success.
We encourage listen to and value contributions from all employees. We seek positive change to drive improvement, because if each employee improves by just 10%, the organisation as a whole improves by 10%. We achieve growth by offering our employees ongoing professional and personal development opportunities. Leadership training and professional development is never ‘complete’- it’s an ongoing ambition.
In addition to a culture that fosters leadership and growth, all employees can enjoy opportunities including:
- Diverse experiences, fresh challenges and ongoing stimulation
- Mentoring by a team of qualified, experienced professionals
- Competitive salary and benefits, and for CA students, specialist CA master classes and study and exam leave, and course fee reimbursement
- International secondment opportunities via our affiliation with Morison KSi
- Professional, technical and personal development seminars and briefing sessions
- An inclusive culture with a wide range of social events within the company.
It’s much more than just accounting. Our team is continually motivated by a strong set of guiding behaviours underpinned by integrity, courage, passion, curiosity and collaboration. We’re future-focussed, and are determined to make a meaningful impact for our clients today, and in the future.
If this environment sounds like a place where you could rise and lead, we encourage you to apply for our graduate program.
We’re looking for ambitious graduates determined to make a meaningful impact.
At Hill Rogers, we partner with a diverse range of clients, and offer a broad scope of accountancy services. Our clients range from high-net-worth individuals to multi-generational Australian businesses, larger corporates, government, not-for-profits, listed companies and Australian subsidiaries of international organisations.
Our services range from the more traditional taxation, advisory and audit to wealth planning, superannuation and financial management. We foster expertise in each of our core service areas, but also collaborate so that our clients can access the full breadth of experience that sits within our specialised teams.
We take on a small number of graduates each year, which means we are looking for graduates who are ready to lead. We have to hold each other accountable within a unified, supportive team. We’ll team you with intelligent and driven professionals who will mentor you, collaborate with you and value your contribution and ideas.
We’re looking for graduates who are ambitious and growth-focussed.
Sound like the challenge you’ve been searching for?
Our graduate program will mentor you as you broaden your personal leadership experience and professional expertise.
Hill Rogers graduates will be offered a place in one of two streams for the first 2 years: Stream 1 (Rotation) or Stream 2 (Dedicated Assurance).
Stream 1: Rotations
Graduates who are part of Stream 1 will rotate through five Hill Rogers divisions over 2 years with training in each rotation. Graduates will spend three to four months experiencing:
- Corporate Secretarial
- Large Corporate | Tax and Accounting Compliance
- Business Solutions | Tax and Accounting Compliance
- Superannuation | Tax and Accounting Compliance
- During each placement you’ll assist senior staff and work on assignments involving compliance, consulting and management of our clients’ financial affairs.
- You’ll also learn and develop essential skills like time management and client liaison under the mentoring and leadership of our experienced, qualified professionals.
You will report directly to the supervisor or manager of the division you’ve been assigned to. You’ll be given the opportunity to develop, contribute and participate in line with a structured timeline and the defined milestones of the specific client assignment, all while progressing through the CA program.
Stream 2: Dedicated Assurance program
Stream 2 offers graduates the opportunity to focus on their aptitude in assurance while working on audit assignments. You’ll report directly to the Audit Division supervisor or manager, and participate in projects in line with the structured timeline and defined milestones of the client audit schedule, all while progressing through the CA program.
Audit client work is varied, extending across a range of industry sectors, organisational profiles and government bodies. You will be exposed to a wide range of financial structures and review processes, and participate in internal (operational) audits and external audit review.
The Hill Rogers Graduate Program goes for a 2 year period during which you will commence your CA studies with support from the firm. During this time you will continue to develop and will be given opportunities to work on more advanced assignments, while also completing your professional studies.
You’ll be encouraged to lead from day one.
At Hill Rogers we’re passionate about both professional and personal development and take growth very seriously. A well-trained team will deliver outstanding accounting expertise and exceptional service to our clients – and that equals a strong and profitable firm.
Over time, we aim to build your self-awareness, ingenuity, empathy and ambition, aligned to the leadership aspirations outlined by writer and leadership consultant Chris Lowney in his book Heroic Leadership. We’re seeking to build a team that is open and ambitious for growth; and nurturing and empathetic, fostering a work environment where people feel comfortable.
In addition to a positive and supportive work environment, as a specific part of the Hill Rogers graduate program you’ll enjoy:
- Extensive on-the-job training and mentoring across each of our professional teams (depending on your graduate program stream)
- Professional and technical development seminars and briefing sessions
- Support for your participation in the CAANZ Chartered Accountants Program including:
- Study leave and exam leave
- Course fee reimbursement
- Four x 4-hour internal masterclasses per CA module, delivered by an external facilitator and delivered in conjunction with email and phone support
Coaching and mentoring from experienced senior employees throughout the program.
Once you have completed the CA program and have become a professional member of our team, you’ll continue to enjoy access to professional and personal internal and external training opportunities, and will also receive assistance in planning and achieving your career objectives; competitive salary and from time to time, opportunities for international secondment.