This is a great opportunity for a Commerce/Law graduate with an interest in Tax Advisory to join a mid tier Chartered Accounting firm in the heart of Sydney, CBD.
About the Role
As a Tax Graduate you will develop your technical skills as an integral part of Hill Rogers’ Tax Advisory team. Reporting to the Tax Manager your key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assisting in the research and preparation of tax advice, on a broad range of taxation issues for income tax, GST and stamp duty (as well as other taxes)
- Preparing client assignments billings in relation to your own work, and meeting budget and productivity targets
As a part of the role, you will be assisted to undertake either the CAANZ Chartered Accountants Program or post graduate studies (relevant to the role).
Our company values a proactive approach and interpersonal skills. Reflecting this you will be someone who seeks out knowledge to expand their technical proficiency and enjoy building solid relationships with those you work with.
You will have a strong academic background in which you have gained key skills in legal research. Your Lecturers would have described you as a strong communicator, both in your written and verbal expression, whereas your colleagues would vouch for your ability to meet a deadline and your professionalism. A degree in Commerce/ Law is essential. One to two years in an accounting or law firm is an advantage, but not essential.
About Our Company
Hill Rogers is a company about making meaningful differences to the lives of their clients and employees. A highly respected, mid-tier accounting firm we offer a full suite of services. With a team of approximately 55 staff and 10 directors, you can expect a friendly welcome when you join and to develop strong working relationships.
What We Offer
- Approachable and supportive directors
- Extensive on-the-job training
- Professional and technical development seminars and briefing sessions
- Support for your participation in the CAANZ Chartered Accountants Program or relevant post graduate studies
- Occasions to contribute to a wide range of charities
- Social events with a focus on team bonding
- Breakfast, fresh fruit, Friday office drinks and much more
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and academic transcript in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org